Spring has arrived and the much awaited festival of colors is just around the corner. Holi is undoubtedly one of the most exciting festivals, especially for kids. Little kids get really happy to see colorful balloons and gulaals everywhere. However, amidst this excitement it is obvious for parents to get a little concerned about the safety of their children. Read on know a few safety tips for kidsrevealed by the experts from Billabong High International School, Thane:
- Safe colors: Parents must ensure to buy only natural or herbal colors because these colors are not much harmful for the skin unlike the synthetic colors available in the market these days. These colors will not do any damage to the skin and hair of your little ones and they would also get washed away easily with soap and body shampoo.
- Clothes: To provide maximum protection to the skin of your children, make them wear full sleeved clothes in light fabric before they go out to play holi.
- Moisturizing: Apply a good moisturizer on the face and body of your child right before the holi celebration. It is advised to apply coconut oil because it is really good for hair and skin, moreover it would also prevent the colors from sticking to the skin.
- Cautious with balloons: Most of the children like to throw water or color filled balloons at others but this act can prove to be dangerous as it has a possibility of causing damage to the eyes and other parts of the body. Explain this to your children and politely ask them not to do get indulged in such activities.
- Wash off well: After the Holi celebrations take your child directly to the washroom and wash off the color with a mild shampoo or soap.