It is imperative for the holistic development of students that they are being imparted education with a pragmatic approach and not just with the purpose of making them mug up the curriculum. Exhibitions, Seminars and such similar events play a major role in enhancing the overall development of students. Every now and then, schools organize exhibitions to make learning a better and fun experience for students. In schools, the most common forms of exhibitions are science and arts.
The concern over alternative sources of energy, climate change, pollution and the whole environment in general as well as the need to improve telecommunications, transportation, operating and information dissemination are some aspects that solicit the need for a sound science based society. Today, teachers from Billabong High International School, Thane are discussing about some of the benefits of organizing science exhibitions in schools.
- Students are able to develop the skills of leadership and learn how to work in groups through such events. As they are supposed to work in groups, it teaches them how to work in tandem by co-operating with others.
- These science exhibitions encourage students to think out of the box and be creative and inventive. It makes them enjoy science and just not take it as a mere subject. Students are able to come up with their own ideas.
- Scientific temper among students is being developed which fosters them to become better scientists as well as better citizens who are capable of governing their personal thoughts and actions in a scientific manner.
- Science exhibitions generate deep interest in young minds of students. Students endeavour to comprehend every activity they are engaged in by asking questions and seeking answers.
- Scientific aptitude should be inculcated in students’ minds at an early stage of education. It is the need of the hour to exhibit the ideas of scientific education system in order to develop potential of individuals and communities so that sustainable development via science education could be achieved.
Billabong High International School, Thane is one of the best ICSE schools in Thane which organized a two days Inter School Science Exhibition under the banner of Association of ICSE Schools in Maharashtra in which over 38 schools took part.